Google Chrome is currently the most popular web browser for Windows computers. It is a free web browser for Windows PC. This cross-platform web browsing application is also available for other popular operating systems such as Mac OS, Android, etc. The Chrome browser is a simple, fast, and secure web browser developed by Google Inc. It has a clean interface and is designed to give users a fast and reliable web browsing environment.
This world’s most powerful web browser for PC has all the features that a modern web browser should have to handle all the online tasks. Due to the combination of a minimalistic user interface and powerful features, the browser is still able to list itself at the top of the list of web browsers. Google Chrome supports all modern technologies and also follows all the web standards to provide top class web browsing environment.
If you want to install Google Chrome on your PC, then you can get it here for free. You can download Google Chrome for Windows 10, 8, or 7 for 32 bit and 64-bit PC free using the links shared here. We are also highlighting the main features of the Chrome web browser for desktop and laptop PC.
Main features of Google Chrome:
Simple Interface: Even the Chrome browser is a feature-packed comprehensive web browser, the developers are always trying to keep it simple and friendly. Chrome has a very simple and clean user interface, which made it very easy to use. Everything is clearly organized so that the user can easily navigate from one option to another.
Easily Customizable: The Chrome browser lets you customize it according to your requirement. If you want to change the appearance of the interface, then you can easily do it using various Themes. Just to the Settings option of the browser. Under “Appearance,” click Themes. Otherwise, you can get all the themes by visiting Chrome Web Store Themes. Additionally, you can also customize the home page, bookmarks, apps, shortcuts, search engine, etc through the settings tab.
Faster page load: Even there are many web browsers that claim to load web pages faster, no one can beat the speed of this popular browser. From starting the app to loading the website, the Chrome browser does all this without wasting time.
Incognito Browsing: Incognito browsing window is a privacy feature of Google Chrome, this allows the user to browse any website without leaving their data on the browser or computer. When the Incognito Browsing is on, the browser does not store any data like browsing history, log files, cookies, etc of the user. Therefore, no one can view or recover any of the user’s records on that PC. You can learn more about Incognito Browsing here.
Built-in security protection: It has a built-in real-time phishing and malware protection feature to protect your device from phishing attacks and other malicious software. When you visit any website on Chrome, it scans the site for any malware or dangerous codes or scripts, and if found it alerts the user immediately.
Multi-tabbed browsing: Tabbed browsing is another great feature of the Chrome browser. The tabbed browsing option lets you open multiple tabs in one window. It means Google Chrome lets you browse the different websites in the same browser window at the same time. You can use new tabs to open a new webpage. On the Chrome browser, you can open hundreds of tabs depending on the configuration of the computer.
Sync user data: If you have more than one device that uses the Google Chrome browser, you can easily sync your data between these devices. This feature allows you to sync data like history, bookmarks, and passwords, settings, etc between your PC, phone, and other compatible devices via Google Account.
Extensions: Since this browser has several important features, but you can extend these features widely by adding some external add-ons or also called extensions. For example, if you want to take a screenshot of any webpage on chrome, then you need to install the particular extension to do that task. Google has its own extension library called Chrome web store, where you can find thousands of very useful extensions.
Powerful Omnibox: The address bar of Chrome is also called Omnibox, which lets you perform different tasks instantly. The Omnibox is the traditional addressed bar, which is combined with the google search box. It helps you to input a web address in the address bar or search any queries in one area. When connected to the internet, Omnibox also can perform mathematical calculations, give instant answers to a question, autofill search queries, etc.
Highlight and Search: The text highlight and search is another useful feature of Google Chrome. This feature allows you to search a word or a sentence on a web page (in Chrome browser) directly by highlighting the word.
Automatic update: A web browser should be able to update itself to the latest version of it. Because, the new version contains new security features, bug fixes, and is also able to handle new web pages and web applications. Chrome developers always release updates for Google Chrome from time to time and this browser always installs the newest updates automatically whenever it comes online. The user can update it manually too. If your browser not updating itself, then download the latest installer of Google chrome here and you can use it to update your old Chrome browser.
Offline Installer Package: There are two types of installers of setup files available to install Chrome browser on a PC, online or web installer, and standalone or offline installer. The offline setup of any software is more useful to install any software. This is a full setup file that contains all the files and data required to install the software and it doesn’t require and an internet connection to install the software. You can carry the offline setup file in removable media and it can be used again and again. Google Chrome provides both Windows 32 bit and 64-bit offline installers.
On this page, we are sharing the official download links of the Chrome offline installer.
How to install Google Chrome on your PC:
It doesn’t require any special requirements to install Chrome browser on Windows. You can install it on any Windows system that supports the latest Google Chrome browser. First, download the Chrome installer using the below download link. After downloading the installer, just double-click on that file. Now you will be prompted to allow this app to make changes to your computer. Then click “Yes” and that’s all. The installer will begin the installation and your browser will be ready within a minute.
Download Google Chrome for Windows 10, 8, 7:
Download for Windows 32-bit (76 MB)
Download for Windows 64-bit (78.9 MB)
Technical details of Chrome Browser:
The Chrome browser is developed using Chromium source codes by Google LLC and published as a freeware application for all the platforms. The new release of Google Chrome is version 96.0.4664.45 that was released in November 2021. The latest Chrome browser developed for the Windows operating system can run on modern Windows versions such as 10, 8.1, 8, and Windows 7. It has separate installers for both Windows 32 bit and 64 bit.
This page was updated on 18th October 2021.
What are new in Chrome 96 for Windows:
Including the bug fixes, there are several new updates are there in Google Chrome 96. Some major updates are:
- Network data moves to a new folder on Windows: Data that is needed by the network service, including cookies and other data files, is now stored in a subdirectory underneath the previous location called Network. This is to support the upcoming Network Sandbox.
- New security events for BeyondCorp Enterprise Threat and Data Protection: Chrome 96 adds two new security events to BeyondCorp Enterprise Threat and Data Protection: Password leak and log in. This functionality allows admins to understand enterprise credential usage, shadow IT within their organization, and stay ahead of potential security incidents regarding passwords exposed in data breaches.
- Chrome shows Journeys in the History page back to top: For some users, Chrome 96 clusters local browsing activity on the History page into Journeys to make it easier to find prior activity and continue it with related search suggestions.
- Feature flag to force the Chrome Major Version number to 100: Starting in Chrome 96, users and site owners can experiment with the upcoming three-digit (Chrome 100) major release version number in the User-Agent string by turning on the ForceMajorVersion100InUserAgent flag. This forces the browser to send 100 as the major version number. When browsers went from version 9 to 10, the increase in the number of digits in the major version number uncovered many issues in User-Agent string parsing libraries.
- Apps shortcut in the bookmarks bar defaults to off: The Apps shortcut in the bookmarks bar now defaults to off. Chrome also updates the current state for all users who have not changed their setting to the new default (off).
- Chrome starts deprecating the U2F security key API: The U2F API is Chrome’s legacy API for interacting with USB security keys. It has been superseded by the W3C Web Authentication API (WebAuthn). Beginning with Chrome 96, when sites make U2F API requests, users might see a prompt that includes a notice about the U2F API’s deprecation.
- Chrome sync ends support for Chrome 48 and earlier: As previously communicated, Chrome sync no longer supports Chrome 48 and earlier. You need to upgrade to a more recent version of Chrome if you want to continue using Chrome sync.
It is one of the best and most-used browsers for PC and other platforms. It is easily customizable by adding different themes and several browser extensions. These browser extensions add additional and helpful functions to the browser to extend its capacity and also to boost its productivity to make web browsing easier. Google Chrome has some built-in security features that protect its users’ privacy and keep you safe from any harmful malware and scripts. Google Chrome download for Windows 10, 8, and 7 PC through the links above. After downloading the installer to your PC, you can also use it to update your existing Chrome browser.